Abalone shell and crackle glass bead pendant necklace
The marine snail abalone is one of the world's most expensive seafood. There are more than 50 different species of abalone found in the ocean's kelp forests. As demand has soared, abalone has been dubbed 'white gold,' due to the high prices they command as well as the color of their pearly under flesh.
The Maori people believe the abalone stone (shell) can bring luck, peace, and prosperity to the person who wears it. The abalone shell is a beautiful reminder of the sea.
- Abalone shell
- Abalone shell colors: Iridescent swirl of intense colors, ranging from deep cobalt blue and peacock green to purples, creams and pinks. Each abalone shell will have its own unique collage of colors
- Round, pressed crackle Czech glass (druk) beads (x3: White, pink, dusty blue)
- To produce the internal crackles, the beads are heated and cooled very rapidly
- The crackles increase the light reflections inside the beads, deepening the dramatic intensity of color
- These beads are delicate and should be handled with care
- Abalone charm length: Less than 1" (2.54cm)
- Pendant length (charm and beads): Approximately 2.5" (6.35cm)
- 18" silver stainless steel chain (45.72 cm)
- Other materials: Silver stainless steel
[#pastel #pastels #rose]