- Necklaces & chokers
- Mandala-style lotus flower charm & glass pendant necklace
Mandala-style lotus flower charm & glass pendant necklace
The beautiful lotus flower is one of the most significant symbols in history. It's meaning, although widely variable throughout different religions and cultures, is equally important, particularly in Hinduism and Buddhism.
The flower is typically considered a symbol of rebirth because it blooms in darkness. This lotus flower may look delicate, but it's very resilient. Consider this - when scientists found a 1,300 year old lotus seed, they were able to germinate it immediately and the flower bloomed as beautifully as any other flower. This flower can also regulate its temperature based on its environment, just like warm-blooded animals and humans can.
The lotus flower is often seem in mandalas, which are the artistic and spiritual expression of the practices and divine energies in Buddhist culture.
It is often said that the center of a lotus flower symbol represent self-realization and its petals, spiritual progress. In yoga and meditation, the lotus flower represents new beginnings, ascent from darkness, and opening of the heart.
In Chinese culture, the lotus symbolizes purity and dignity. It's the most supreme flower because it rises out of murky waters, unchanged and untouched by the impurities of dirt.
Buddhism: Coming out of suffering, patience, self-awareness, spiritual development, etc.
Hinduism: Beauty, property, fertility, knowledge, eternity, spirituality
Ancient Egypt: Rebirth, the sun, death
Christianity: Purity, holiness, divinity
- Lotus flower charm pendant (25mm) in silver stainless steel
- Chain: Silver stainless steel
- Chain style: Cable
- Chain links: 4.5mm long, 3mm wide, 0.6mm thick
- Chain length: Approximately 16" (41cm) + pendant
- Pendant length (includes lotus flower charm and square glass piece: 2.25" (5.7cm)
- Square glass piece: 1" x 1" x 1" (2.5cm x 2.5cm x 2.5cm)
- Other materials: Stainless steel
[#mediation #yoga #Buddha #zen #spiritual]