Fishbone and protection pendant necklace
The evil eye, a.k.a. third eye, (cobalt blue) is a popular good-luck amulet and is said to protect those who wear it from the evil eye, also known as bad juju, as they say. The amulet itself is known as a "nazar."
Evil eyes are also often hung from windows to protect the entire house. The cobalt blue is said to come from the Egyptians' version of the evil eye, which was originally created from a glazed mud that contained a high amount of copper and cobalt. Later improvements in glass production began to product the famous blue glass version that we're very familiar with today. Blue has always been known as a protective color.
- Evil eye amulet colors: Cobalt blue and white in a silver stainless steel bezel
- Evil eye amulet length: Approximately 3/8" (0.95cm)
- Chain: Stainless steel
- Chain style: Cable
- Chain links: 4.5mm long, 3mm wide, 0.6mm thick
- Chain length: 15.5" (39.3cm)
- Fishbone pendant length: 0.75" (1.9cm)
- 100% stainless steel